Installing Windows after Linux

Slowping jingsu at cs.washington.edu
Wed Mar 28 23:59:49 PST 2001

I think the second option is impossible. Win98 wants to be on first
partition (must be a primary partition) of the primary disk.

The first option is possible (I've done it before), assuming the physical
disk is the primary disk. When you install Linux, you need to fdisk the
drive to reserve the first partition on it as a primary partition to drop
win98 into. Linux can be installed on any other partition created from
the remaining space.