LPD problem

Russell Power rjpower at washington.edu
Thu Mar 29 22:44:09 PST 2001

I think checkpc comes with LPRng. If you're running Redhat (or any
distribution using RPM) , you can verify the LPRng package with:

rpm -V LPRng (or whatever the name of the package is, you can get a list
with rpm -qa )

You can also run the 'readelf' utility on checkpc to get a list of the
libraries that are loaded dynamically:

readelf -d checkpc

I get the following results on my executable:

0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libgdbm.so.2]
0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libc.so.6]

I know libc better be there, and that a lot of programs would fail if it
wasn't - but I'm not sure if gdbm is a standard library - maybe someone
else on this list does?

Anyway - hope that's of some help. You can always find the new LPRng RPM's
at www.lprng.org. Upgrading to the latest version could be the easiest way
to fix your problem.

--Russell