[linux] gentoo question

Dejan Nikic dejann at u.washington.edu
Tue May 6 18:40:43 PDT 2003

emerge -s whatever

should do a fairly good search of the three, make sure that you do:
emerge rsync
to get the most recent three, although try not to do it ALL the time since
servers get killed, but once a day is ok.

also do:
etc-update
after you emerge something to update all the config files in /etc so that
your system will take full advantage of the newly installed ebuild, but be
careful on which /etc files you replace and stuff, since sometimes it
could damage your system and create you some headaches.