[linux] Screen^2

Robin Battey zanfur at zanfur.com
Wed May 7 04:04:24 PDT 2003

Lawrence:

If you want more screens, just create more screens within the first
screen program by pressing "C-a c" (or "C-a C-c", they both do the
same thing -- think "create"). You can go to each of the first ten
screens by number (starting with 0) by pressing "C-a <number>", you
can cycle forward through your screens with "C-a n" (think "next"),
backwards with "C-a p" (think "previous"), and you can swap between
the two last accessed screens with "C-a C-a" (think "alternate").

You *can* run screen inside of screen, but I can't think of a good
reason to do so. I'd be delighted to hear of one, though -- bonus
geek points will be awarded the more exotic it is.

Cheers!
-robin

--
Robin Battey

90CF 2E8F 8A96 D0C0 09A2 9CFE C130 6CD4 6DC3 6DCF
http://www.zanfur.com/zanfur.pub