[linux] raid question

Mark L. Chang mlchang at u.washington.edu
Wed May 7 19:26:13 PDT 2003

Shouldn't take that long. Mine got 'stuck', but that was a fresh install
of rh7.3 that I just redid. Had no idea what happened, just redid it and
it went okay.

Perhaps it is something to do with the IDE controllers you have. Are
they on the same channel? They all should be on separate channels
(master on all of them). It seems like two of yours are on the same
channel, maybe I'm not reading that right. That can slow things down
tremendously.

Maybe there is something with the partitions being wrong? Check the logs
-- any IDE errors?

--
Hi, sorry I can't come to the phone right now. If you want to leave your name
and number, I'll phone you back. If you want to leave a fax, buy me a fax