[linux] raid question

A. Mathes mathes at u.washington.edu
Mon May 12 12:49:12 PDT 2003

ok, i switched them to their own IDE chains ...

md2 : active raid5 ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/part3[3]
ide/host0/bus1/target1/lun0/part3[1] ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part3[0]
236010752 blocks level 5, 32k chunk, algorithm 3 [3/2] [UU_]
[==========>..........] recovery = 53.8% (63570652/118005376)
finish=1797.7min speed=503K/sec
unused devices: <none>

so ... now it's rebuilding one i moved, i guess. After this is done,
theoretically it should be UUU? or is this message saying ... one is up
(U) one is rebuilding (U) and one is down (_)?

I'm thinking it will be UUU after it's done ... because if only one were
functional right now, it wouldn't work ...

man, i'm having no luck with this apparently =)

also, still chugging along at 500K now ... but i'm doing a bunch of stuff
on it, so don't worry about the speed i guess

thanks
Andrew Mathes