[linux] Dynamic Drive Overlay (DDO) is evil

Jesse Weigert jesse at rainydawg.com
Thu Sep 4 15:04:54 PDT 2003

If you really want to be sure, do this:

Make sure that it is the only hard drive on the system.(Just to be on the
safe side)

Check to make sure the computer is set to boot off the floppy disk or
cdrom first. (Check the BIOS... you want to make sure that the maxtor
driver is not loaded) Then just do a simple dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda
bs=512 count=10. That should be more than enough to clear the hard drive
to a usable state.

-Jesse Weigert