[linux] gentoo is kicking my butt

Dejan Nikic dejann at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 12 12:02:10 PDT 2003

another suggestion. go to http://forums.gentoo.org and do a search for
your package, I bet money that there is someone with similar problem to
yours. also remember it's imposible to make something resume a compile,
becuase that might break a lot of things. Think of portage as doing
./configure, make, make install crap for you automaticaly. Have you ever
been able to "resume" make after an error?

also a great resource is irc.freenode.net #gentoo plenty of people to talk
to and most devs are there fairly often. if you got more questions post
it on the list and I'll see if there is anything to help you with.