[linux] gentoo is kicking my butt

Peter Abrahamsen peidran at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 12 12:13:50 PDT 2003

I believe you can get around this by calling ebuild directly, instead of
going through portage. You should be able to skip the steps where it unpacks
and cleans. Try something like:

cd /usr/portage/net-print/lprng
ebuild lprng-3.8.12-r1.ebuild fetch unpack
<fiddle>
ebuild lprng-3.8.12-r1.ebuild compile install qmerge

I'm not certain about that - maybe you'll have to compile then fiddle, then
general approach.

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Abrahamsen Seattle, Washington, USA
CEP, Phil, iSchool http://www.abrahamsen.com/peter/