[linux] Connecting to Dante's FTP server

Doug McLean dougmc at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 19 10:31:27 PDT 2003

Andrew,

This is just a guess, but I know that the UW servers use a commercial
version of SSH that is AIX-specific. I have run into other problems
with it in the past, and the only way I could get around them was to use
the SSH2 protocol when connecting to and from it.

THe SSH1 protocol (the default on Homer/Dante), uses the AIX-specific
version of SSH, and the SSH2 protocol is run off of ssh.com's
implementation (which isn't too shabby).

Just a guess though. :)

--
Doug McLean
Department of Microbiology