[linux] Neal Stephenson at UW

Doug McLean dougmc at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:41:22 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Just as a side note, "In the Beginning Was the Command Line" starts to
praise Linux, then suddenly backtracks and starts praising BeOS. :(

Still, its a pretty thought-provoking article (especially the culture
stuff and the Disney examples), and Neal Stephenson's just a cool guy.

Doug McLean
Department of Microbiology
http://faculty.washington.edu/dougmc
PGP Public Key ID# 0xB9142AD7

"...a most excellent barbarian ... Genghis Khan!"
-- Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure