[linux] Connecting to Dante's FTP server

Evan Martin martine at danga.com
Fri Sep 19 23:11:31 PDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 06:32:52PM -0700, Andrew Sengul wrote:

> Ok, I changed the settings for ssh and got that error message out of the

> way... but the fontconfig errors are still appearing. Here are some

> lines from gftp's console output that may be helpful:

> Fontconfig warning: line 245: invalid edit binding "same"

> Fontconfig warning: line 257: invalid edit binding "same"

> It appears that the problem is with the ssh-askpass utility, which

> causes the same errors to appear when I run it by itself. And I already

> have the latest version installed... I've looked at the fontconfig man

> pages, but it's a very low-level utility with little help available, and

> I don't think it would be a good idea for me to try tinkering with it.

Hm. Have you ever messed with fontconfig yourself? (The main file is
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf, I think, but there is also config in ~/.fonts or
~/.fontconfig or something like that.)

It sounds like the fontconfig configuration file is messed up in some way,
and if it isn't your doing the simplest solution would be to rm all its
config files and reinstall it.

I don't have a copy of ssh-askpass handy or I'd analyze it for you.

--
Evan Martin
martine at danga.com
http://neugierig.org