[linux] Apache and VirtualHost running SSL

Doug McLean dougmc at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:48:48 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

We have an Apache server running on the latest RedHat version with two
ethernet interfaces (one is the real thing, and the other is a virtual
interface with its own IP). In addition, Apache has the regular website
and another virtual host one tied to the virtual ethernet interface.

Apache is the latest 2.x version.

Anyhow, after installing the mod_ssl rpm and restarting Apache, I get
this error message:

Stopping httpd: [ OK ]
Starting httpd: [Tue Sep 23 14:39:08 2003] [error] VirtualHost
_default_:443 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost
address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results
[ OK ]

I have a vague idea what's wrong, but I am not sure how best to fix it.
Any suggestions are great appreciated. Thanks!

--
Doug McLean
Department of Microbiology