[linux] Re: RedHat and The Future of Linux...

Doug McLean dougmc at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:56:02 PDT 2003

I think this Tom Callaway fellow from RedHat is a little rude, or at
least, he seems to think that Linux users are all blood-sucking
vampires. I can certainly understand the rationale of needing to make
money, but I get the impression that the Fedora thing is just a way of
keeping the Linux diehards quiet.

RedHat may one day dominate the market the way MS does now, but how many
people does it have screw over in the name of profit (just like MS did...)?

In any case, I for one am starting to think BSD is looking pretty good
(if only I can get the darn thing to work with any of my video cards on
any of my systems). I always liked the idea of the BSD license anyhow.

--
Doug McLean
Department of Microbiology