[linux] Re: RedHat and The Future of Linux...

Jesse Weigert jesse at rainydawg.com
Wed Sep 24 13:28:51 PDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Doug McLean wrote:

> As for other OSs, I haven't had the chance to try Debian. I don't like

> burning 6 CDs just to install an OS (even 3 CDs kinda sucks in my

> opinion). However, maybe I should try it.... :)

In debian's defense, I must say that whenever I install debian, I use a
single net-boot CD and install the latest version across the internet. Of
course, you need a fast net connection, but isn't that what the university
is for? ;-)

Also, the CDs are organized in order of popularity. You only need the
first CD for most of the stuff. The other 5 are just extra software
packages which can be downloaded individually using apt.

-Jesse Weigert