[linux] Debian Install: 1 CD

B. Bell bradleyb at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 24 17:01:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Cere M. Davis wrote:

> I agree. This problem is really frustrating. If anyone has connections

> into the Debian developers "inner circle" I would love for someone to

> forward this to whoever and know what their reasoning for not doing this.

> -Cere

As a Debian developer, my answer would be: don't use testing. The point
of testing is to have a collection of fairly recent software that stays
internally consistent, and relatively free of serious bugs. It is a
development tool intended to make the transition from unstable to stable
easier for us (Debian, that is), not to be a sort of meta-stable
distribution.

-brad