[linux] Debian Install: 1 CD

Cere M. Davis cere at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 24 17:12:38 PDT 2003

I would love to just stay on stable but my reasons for using testing are
the same as most people...we want to use more current software releases
since the release cycle for stable is fairly long. Currently there isn't
a really straight foreward way to just grab packages that you want to use
from the testing repository and still use a basic baseline repository.
This is the reason, I think, that most people end up just moving whole hog
over to testing.

These issues seem to be a old as the hills. It's true what Tony said I
think.