[linux] Debian Install: 1 CD

Phillip Garland pgarland at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 24 18:44:10 PDT 2003

It's always worked for me since installing Woody. All I needed to do was put

APT::Default-Release "stable";

in /etc/apt/apt.conf, add a source for Testing to /etc/apt/sources.list, e,g.

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main

run "apt-get update" and then

apt-get -t testing install $PACKAGE

installed $PACKAGE and all it's dependencies from Testing.

What error do you get when you try it?

~Phillip