[linux] Debian Install: 1 CD

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Wed Sep 24 19:16:46 PDT 2003

"Cere M. Davis" <cere at u.washington.edu> writes:

> I would love to just stay on stable but my reasons for using testing are

> the same as most people...we want to use more current software releases

> since the release cycle for stable is fairly long. Currently there isn't

> a really straight foreward way to just grab packages that you want to use

> from the testing repository and still use a basic baseline repository.

> This is the reason, I think, that most people end up just moving whole hog

> over to testing.

Or to unstable. I've not run anything else for a few years. I get
bit about once every other month on one machine, but not much more
than that.

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may be
confidential and privileged. If you received this message in error,
please destroy it and notify the sender. Thank you.