[linux] The Beginnings of a Wiki, Get a Free Book, Registration Stuff, and Meetings

Doug McLean dougmc at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 25 13:03:04 PDT 2003

Hm.. couldn't they have come up with some more stodgy, like 100BaseWifi,
or FWifi or 802.3z Wifi (I am just making this stuff up...I am sure I am
getting all the terms wrong)?

Back in my days, we only had 10BaseT and 100BaseTX and Dial-up, and
that's we liked it! We had to physically connect our computers to the
Intranet using string, two cups, and some copper wire (which we had to
twist ourselves by the way) all the while standing in a foot of snow.
But them's the good ol' days.... *sigh*

--
Doug McLean
Department of Microbiology