[linux] Linux modem problem.

Peter Abrahamsen peidran at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 29 11:53:58 PDT 2003

Can you talk directly to the modem? Have you tried fiddling with the
connection speed in minicom? Or in setserial? I'm not sure where RH keeps
its serial port configuration, but perhaps there's an app for it. RH-types,
anyone know?

Try hitting return a few times, and typing "AT" (and enter again). If that
works, hit "ATM1" (from memory) to turn on the modem's speaker, then
"ATDT5551212" to dial, e.g. 555-1212.

Peter

--
Peter Abrahamsen Seattle, Washington, USA
CEP, Phil, iSchool http://www.abrahamsen.com/peter/