[linux] Powerbook-linux benchmarks

Cere M. Davis cere at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 30 18:43:16 PDT 2003

Hi. I'm considering getting a g4 1.25 Ghz powerbook laptop and wonder
what folks think of the speed of these devices compared to say a 1Ghz
pentium. I could read some benchmarking stuff off of the web but I figure
better get the info from the real experts ;) seriously though, I just
want to get peoples subjective sense about the speed of some of the *unix
utilities on the G4 as compared to a pentium linux box. Any takers?

PS.
I'm not planning on doing graphics heavy work rather I'll be doing some
Java and scripting development work more than anything else.

Thanks,
Cere

Cere Davis
Unix Systems Administrator - CSDE
cere at u.washington.edu ph: 206.685.5346
https://staff.washington.edu/cere

GnuPG Key http://staff.washington.edu/cere/gpgkey.txt
Key fingerprint = B63C 2361 3B9B 8599 ECC9 D061 3E48 A832 F455 9E7FA