[linux] Japanese input for FireFox on Fedora

dougmc at u.washington.edu dougmc at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 9 11:56:37 PST 2004

Thanks Garrett,

Based on those instructions, it sounds like kinput probably is more trouble than its going to be worth in this case. My wife is happy using English desktop and all that. She just wants to do Japanese email.

Scim looks like the winner so far, though I haven't been able to see any reliable information on it's use on Fedora Core 3. If I can't get that to work, I am debating on using TurboLinux and/or Mandrake.

Has anyone used TurboLinux by teh way? I have used Mandrake before albeit a long time ago, so I have a fairly good idea on it's interface.

Thanks!

Doug McLean
CSS Systems Administrator
University of Washington, Bothell