[linux] Japanese input for FireFox on Fedora

dougmc at u.washington.edu dougmc at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 9 13:13:17 PST 2004

Hm, somehow that page didn't pull up on my browser, but now that I can look at it, yes, you're right. (Kudos on the Japanese by the way, though sadly, I can't read all that well)

It does look pretty easy, and since I have the parts in place already, I will give it a shot. Failing that, I still want to look at using scim and maybe even give TurboLinux or Mandrake a whirl. :)

Doug McLean
CSS Systems Administrator
University of Washington, Bothell
http://staff.washington.edu/dougmc/pgp.html

Meanwhile, in Gotham, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> kinput2 isn't that bad to setup as long as you use the

> http://katzbrown.com/shiritsu/unix%20help/japanese%20on%20kde/ instructions

> for how to setup kinput2. Otherwise yes, setting up kinput2 the other way is

> a pain in the butt literally >.<. The katz brown method just requires

> installing kinput2/canna, starting up canna at runtime, and then adding a

> few lines to your .xinitrc. It's sure a lot less painless than the other

> directions that people have given for other distros.

> If you use that method, before long your wife will be typing Ä„F?n

> KRg?chꊃ??g?嬞g?kjc_ to her friends =).

> -Garrett

>>> Doug,

>>> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html, and that is by far

>>> http://katzbrown.com/shiritsu/unix%20help/japanese%20on%20kde/; I'm not

> sure

>>> if this would work properly for FC3, but it worked for RH9 for me.

>>> (http://forums.gentoo.org/) along with the first page I listed have

>>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=1860513#1860513.