[linux] Japanese input for FireFox on Fedora

youshi10 at u.washington.edu youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 9 14:20:40 PST 2004

Uhm... I don't suggest installing anything in non-Gentoo OSes without source, but that's due to versioning concerns. The relevant package(s) *should* be listed in http://redhat.secsup.org/fedora/core/3/i386/debug/ for download =).
Good luck!
-Garrett

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 dougmc at u.washington.edu wrote:

> How about installing from source. Did you have an easy time doing that?

> Doug McLean

> CSS Systems Administrator

> University of Washington, Bothell

> http://staff.washington.edu/dougmc/pgp.html

> Meanwhile, in Gotham, Jeremy Cheng wrote:

>> I just took a quick look at the SCIM and fedora sites and it seems that

>> there are no scim packages even on FC2 mirrors. However, there are FC2

>> binary packages on the scim site itself. I don't see anything specifically

>> for FC3 though. Sorry for the false info from my previous e-mail.

>> -J

>> Jeremy Cheng wrote:

>>> It's been a while since I used any FCs for my own workstation and being

>>> that the only contact I have with FC3 now-a-days is setting up new

>>> employees' boxes if they didn't really have a specific preference to what

>>> distro to run. My work has poor diversity and lack of language

>>> talents...hehe so I haven't had to deal with the scim/FC combination for a

>>> while.

>>> In any case, I remember it being very painless and scim was default once

>>> you chose to install chinese language/input support through anaconda.

>>> Otherwise, I think you can yum for it so to directly answer your question,

>>> yes, I think I did get it directly from the fedora mirrors.

>>> To understand scim more, you can visit

>>> http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/scim

>>> gl,

>>> http://www.ischool.washington.edu