[linux] Support for OSes with programs

Cere M. Davis cere at u.washington.edu
Sun Dec 12 15:49:05 PST 2004

I've also just tried out ubuntu linux. So far no big problems...other
than the nvidia support ...which was also a hassle with Debian. Ubuntu
has basicly as many ports as Debian Linux since it primarily uses Debians
source packages and it promised new relaases every 6 months. This is what
I was really getting tired of with Debian. Then again, I have not been
using Ubuntu for very long and for very much work at the present, so time
will tell. The disk partitioning tool sucks for Ubuntu...now that I think
of it.

-Cere

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:46:02 -0800

> From: Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu>

> To: dtalk at u.washington.edu,

> Linux/Unix Users Group at the UW <linux at u.washington.edu>

> Subject: Re: [linux] Support for OSes with programs

> Meh. I know. There was talk of Gentoo going to a more or less Redhat~ish

> setup in the near future too, but we'll see what happens.

> -Garrett

Cere Davis
Unix Systems Administrator - CSDE
cere at u.washington.edu ph: 206.685.5346
https://staff.washington.edu/cere

GnuPG Key http://staff.washington.edu/cere/gpgkey.txt
Key fingerprint = B63C 2361 3B9B 8599 ECC9 D061 3E48 A832 F455 9E7FA