[linux] Kill Exchange!

zanfur at zanfur.com zanfur at zanfur.com
Fri Dec 17 15:28:45 PST 2004

The Exchange 5.5 installation here at work and I have both sworn solemn
oaths to meet in battle unto death. Killing Exchange is easy: Just pull
the plug. The problem, and the shield that Exchange keeps using to block
my attempts at the power plug, is that users REALLY like their archived
mail.

To that end, I'm looking for the magic sword that will slice through that
shield like a hot knife through butter. I need a utility (or string of
utilities) that will take an Exchange 5.5 Store and onvert it to something
else -- anything else, but preferably something unix-y. Do any of my
fellow *nix compatriots know of such a program? I have googled, but to no
avail.

Paying for it is not out of the question, but we have 70+ mailboxes so a
"per mailbox" price isn't such a good solution for us. Free is better, of
course, even if it means I have to script it myself.

Cheers!
-robin

--

Robin Battey
zanfur at zanfur.com

Messages from this address are signed with key 0x6A57B07D. Fingerprint:
3914 F63C A99C 8EC1 785B 8287 1D8B D2F3 6A57 B07D