[linux] Kill Exchange! -- solution

zanfur at zanfur.com zanfur at zanfur.com
Wed Dec 22 11:03:29 PST 2004

I have slain Exchange and emerged victorious!

Turns out there's a nice and painless way to do this. There is a program
called "ExMerge", freely available from Microsoft, that will convert your
entire store (or any part of it you desire) into a plethora of .PST files.
There is an open-source project called libPST that will convert any .PST
file to mbox and vCard formats (it won't get the calendar, apparently, but
I don't need it to). One short shell script later, and everything is
copied over to the new system.

Here's the goods:

Cheers!
-robin