[linux] using VPN in Debian

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadf at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:50:28 PST 2004

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Avram Eisner wrote:

> I would like to VPN into the Ischool network using my Debian distro. The only

> information that the Ischool homepage gives is the VPN server hostname. Does

> anyone know what program I should use to do this, and what other

> configuration information that I may need? Thanks in advance for any

Avram,

If you get this to work would you mind posting the results to this list and
the iSchool? I think they would put it on KB article--they already have
MacOS listed: <http://help.ischool.washington.edu/faqs/idx/0/009/article/>

A quick web search showed you need a PPTP client, maybe PopTop would work:
<http://www.poptop.org/>