[linux] Fastest Fat32 Backup?

Brian Parkhurst brianp at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 2 21:54:07 PST 2004

Burn a copy of knoppix (redhat.cac.washington.edu) boot to the CD and try
accessing the files from there.

I'm not certain if knoppix has builtin fat32 support or not though.. so you
could just try mounting the disks and see....

otherwise you can try the dd route.
dd if=source device of=destination device bs=32

Destination can be just a file(that is the size of the entire partition).
You could then mount that file via the loopback interface on a linux/freebsd
box that does have fat32 available.