[linux] Fwd: BookCrossing News & Whatnot - Spring Hire (fwd)

Cere M. Davis cere at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 19 10:43:19 PST 2004

Uhhh...

I would say that the out of date books are better than nothing at all in
terms of educational material. If Iraq is currently having trouble with
basic infrustructural needs with things like like water and sewage, their
probably not too concerned with having the most recent edition of books.
I imagine broadband of any kind is pretty rare right now actually.

> Nice idea, but any "unneeded" tech books I might have are sadly out of

> date. I say we instead send little slips of paper, like the kind you

> find in fortune cookies, with a few simple strings such as:

> http://www.freebsd.org

> http://www.openbsd.org

> http://www.gentoo.org

> ad nauseum. :)

> - -d

> - --

> David Talkington

> Communication Technologies

> University of Washington

> 206-543-2144

> - --

> dtalk at cac.washington.edu

> - --

> PGP key: http://staff.washington.edu/dtalk/004B8F8B.asc

Cere Davis
Unix Systems Administrator - CSDE
cere at u.washington.edu ph: 206.685.5346
https://staff.washington.edu/cere

GnuPG Key http://staff.washington.edu/cere/gpgkey.txt
Key fingerprint = B63C 2361 3B9B 8599 ECC9 D061 3E48 A832 F455 9E7FA