[linux] printcap entry for a null printer default

Robin Battey zanfur at zanfur.com
Wed Mar 31 16:53:16 PST 2004

Can you make the "lp" printer print to device "/dev/null" instead of a
filter? When I did this, if I recall correctly, I removed the filter
fields and told it the device was /dev/null. The standard filters often
don't actually pipe things to the device specified in the printcap file,
which caused me no end of consternation, and I just had to completely
remove the repferences to them in the printcap entry to get lpr to do
what I wanted.

Cheers!
-robin

--
Robin Battey

90CF 2E8F 8A96 D0C0 09A2 9CFE C130 6CD4 6DC3 6DCF
http://www.zanfur.com/zanfur.pub