[linux] comments/experiences with X.org

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 4 22:16:26 PDT 2004

Hey Jon,
I just installed xorg and it's about the same difficulty to install as
xfree86, even with the nvidia and opengl drivers. However, with gentoo's
opengl-update, things were quite simple to fix in terms of nvidia. I also
didn't emerge the nvidia-kernel ebuild, but got the binary package directly
from nvidia.com.
-Garrett