[linux] Meetings this year

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadf at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 8 11:26:10 PDT 2004

Having just completed this for another club, I can tell you:

1. Go to a Orientation Meeting, where SAO tells you guidelines and
gets your info as 'contact person' for the club.

2. Fill out online form with 5 "officers" info and other stuff like
purpose of group, group constitution (required, samples on SAO website),
and whether officially associated with any national organization.

3. Wait a while until they tell you your club is accepted. (They said
this would be an email, but I got a paper in my mailbox at the iSchool.)

4. Enjoy the junk mail that comes in for you as a result of your info
being posted on the SAO website.