[linux] Enlightenment, anyone =)?

Travis Saling trav at myuw.net
Tue Oct 26 22:54:04 PDT 2004

>I've been using E16.7 on my laptop and it works great. I don't use the

>Gnome session since you can start E by puting "enlightenment" in

>~/.xinitrc and then it should start when you "startx".

I've done this sometimes; but I prefer to go through gdm because then
there's no open console session sitting there available to anyone who
has physical access to my computer (less of a concern on my home
computer than my work one, of course). It used to be one could just
place a startup script into /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/ but that doesn't seem
to work in Gnome 2.6/2.8 - although I freely admit I might be missing
something quite trivial. :-) I've fallen more into the mode of "Linux
dabbler" of late, since most of the time I'm on my Powerbook nowadays.

Travis