[linux] dial-up connection

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Jun 23 15:10:49 PDT 2005

Make sure that your modem is supported in Linux before you try
getting too over anxious with the whole setup. Many modems are not truly
modems but rather simple dialing devices that use software emulation in
windows to access full modem capabilities.
Btw, there are several shortcuts that various DEs have made to
enable you to use modems for dialup purposes. I know kppp is one, and
I'm sure there's another option available from the gnome folks.
-Garrett