[linux] dial-up connection

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadf at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 24 09:40:31 PDT 2005

Ivan King wrote:

> I have at home a Dell notebook with Linux Redhat Enterprise Linux in it,

> and would like to make a dial-up connection to the University number

> with it. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has done this, as to

> protocols, pitfalls, etc.

It's happily been many moons since I've had to use dialup, but at
that time I used wvdial. I think Red Hat's GUI tools may even be a
frontend to wvdial. If you've got modem drivers it's very easy,
just put in the phone number, username, and password.

You also might want to look at the laptop section at
http://linux.dell.com/desktops.shtml