[linux] Linux thin terminals and touch screen drivers...

Jon Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 3 08:37:32 PDT 2005

The display portion works fine once I placed the necessary refresh rate and
resolution in the "thinstation.buildtime.conf" file. The conf file also has
options to include USB drivers for mice, but I've tried the following
settings which are recommended for USB mice and I still get zero response
from the cursor when touching the screen:

MOUSE_PROTOCOL=IMPS/2
MOUSE_DEVICE=/dev/input/mice
MOUSE_RESOLUTION=100

Is there a command I could use through a SSH terminal to check and see what
mouse hardware was detected? Maybe I just need to tweak the settings above.

Jon Larson
Computer Systems Analyst II
University of Washington School of Law

_____