[linux] apache mod_rewrite quickie

Cere M. Davis cere at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 4 14:41:53 PDT 2005

I think you want the "RewriteOptions Inherit" command. Depending on how
your are vhosting (ideal for a single ip and many hostnames) you may
be able to just apply a majority of your rules
the the first default catchall vhost stanza and then you wont have to set
up rewrite rules for each.

-Cere

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Jonathan Nicol wrote:

> Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:30:12 -0700

> From: Jonathan Nicol <jnicol at backnine.org>

> To: linux at u.washington.edu

> Subject: [linux] apache mod_rewrite quickie

> Hi all,

> Quick mod_rewrite question... I've got a server with dozens of Vhosts. I want a

> RewriteRule that applies to all of them. From what I can tell, I would have to

> put the rewrite in EACH vhost (or put the rules in a seperate file, and Include

> it in EACH vhost). Is my assumption correct? Does anyone know an easier way

> around this??

> thanks

> Jonathan

Cere Davis
Unix Systems Administrator - CSDE
cere at u.washington.edu ph: 206.685.5346
https://staff.washington.edu/cere

GnuPG Key http://staff.washington.edu/cere/gpgkey.txt
Key fingerprint = B63C 2361 3B9B 8599 ECC9 D061 3E48 A832 F455 9E7FA