[linux] Recommend an info->anything_readable converter

Ethan Merritt merritt at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 17 10:32:16 PDT 2005

Google has failed me :-(

Given that "info" has got to be the most user unfriendly
documentation tool ever invented, and also given that
some packages provide only *.info files as documetation,
I really want a tool to convert *.info files into something
readable. I don't much care what that is - plain text or
a man page seems the most likely, but html would be OK.

Can anyone recommend an info2something filter?

Google only turned up a little known tool info2pod.
I tried that after downloading from the home web site,
but it didn't work.

Ethan A Merritt merritt at u.washington.edu
Biomolecular Structure Center
Mailstop 357742
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195