[linux] Recommendations for Linux Adminstration and/or Perl training?

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 5 13:07:44 PST 2008

Hi all,

I've been lurking in the shadows on this list for some time. So far I've learned Linux by the seat of my pants, but I've got a $2K training budget to spend, and I think a course will help me fill in the gaps and extend my knowledge a bit. I work mostly with various flavors of Debian and Perl scripts, so that where I'm focusing my training search.

I think I should be able to afford an instructor-led course, but I'm open to anything that seems worthwhile. I registered last year for a UW training course only to have it cancelled a couple days prior, so I'm hoping someone might have some good suggestions for alternatives this time around.

Jon Larson
Systems Administrator
University of Washington School of Law