[Popgenlunch] Population Genetics Lunch meetings Tuesdays

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Apr 3 14:12:11 PDT 2007

This quarter, we* are having a Population Genetics Lunch meeting each Tuesday
from 12:10 to 1:30 in S040 Foege Hall (which is opposite the elevator on the
Ground floor).

If you receive this message, you have been placed on the mailing list for the
group. You can post messages to it by emailing "popgenlunch at u.washington.edu".
Web access to the mailing list, including message archives, can be found at
http://mailman.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/popgenlunch
People can add themselves to this mailing list there.

The intention of these lunctime meetings is to provide a place where
there can be discussion of theoretical population genetics assuming a
good working knowledge of the theory. It is not a place where there will be
teaching of the basics of theoretical population genetics -- that will be
assumed.

This is not a course. The eating of lunches is encouraged, but lunches will
not be provided.

Next Tuesday (the 10th) Mary Kuhner will tell us about the questions that have
arisen in her MCMC coalescent work about the interaction of migration and
selection in simulating coalescent trees backwards in time.

Please pass on this information to associates and students who might be
interested in attending. See you there.

(*"we" is, initially Elizabeth Thompson and I, who initiated this effort.)

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu