[Popgenlunch] Eric's Beethoven, April 26

Eric Rynes erynes at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 11 22:17:00 PDT 2008

Many have asked for details about this concert, so here goes. Please
delete, with my apologies, if this e-mail is unwelcome.

For those interested:

Save the date ... rare event ... one night only ....

It seems every seven years or so, I get the opportunity to perform a solo
concerto (or part of one) with full orchestra. This spring, I'm playing
Beethoven's Violin Concerto (45 minutes of good tunes galore) with the
Northwest Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Anthony Spain. The concert
includes a piece by Allen Strange, a real character who was especially
known for his electronic-music works, and Mussorgsky's colorful "Pictures
at an Exhibition."

Details:

Saturday, April 26
8:00pm sharp
Highline Performing Arts Center (HPAC)
401 S. 152nd St., Burien, WA
Tickets: $14/adult $10/students+seniors, at the door or via Ticketmaster
Parking: Free lots at the venue

If you'd like, I can buy tickets for you at $7 each (50% off) and you can
reimburse me. Just let me know well in advance if you'd like to arrange this.

Directions to the concert:
* HPAC is near SeaTac airport.
* From southbound I-5, take exit 154B onto westbound Hwy 518
* Pass the airport, go ~1.5 miles, get into a leftish lane, pass Hwy 509
* At the first light after 509, turn LEFT onto 1st Ave. S
* At the first light, turn LEFT onto S 152nd St. (right=SW 152nd=wrong)
* Drive ~2 blocks; HPAC will be on your right
* Instead of turning right into the lot, turn left into the bigger lot

I'm hosting an afterparty starting around 10:30pm, to which you're also
invited. If you'd like the address and directions, just let me know.

I'm excited about this performance, and working hard to prepare for it. If
you're interested, I hope you'll be able to make it. If you can't make
the concert, you're still welcome at the afterparty.

If you have any questions/etc., please let me know.

Eric
Felsenstein/Kuhner lab
Foege s420
5-1336