[Popgenlunch] "title or something" for popgen May 9

Elizabeth Thompson eathomp at u.washington.edu
Mon May 5 14:05:15 PDT 2008

Title is
Inferring concestry of genome from data on pairs of individuals.

Abstract is:
Why do we want to do it?
How would we use it, if we could do it ?
How might we do it? and does it work? : two genomes only.
An approximate model for 4 genomes (i.e. a pair of individuals)
The last part:
Does it work for 4 genomes? I doubt I will know by Friday.

Some have heard parts of this already, but there is some new stuff.

Elizabeth