[Popgenlunch] Today: Serge Sverdlov

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Fri Mar 13 10:15:10 PDT 2009

We meet today at the usual place and time: 12:30 in S110.
Serge Sverdlov will speak on:
"using heavy tailed (and specifically Cauchy) distributions for
modeling quantitative traits: how the Cauchy distribution lets us sneak
blending inheritance past the variance decay effect, how population
distributions are related to heritability for such traits, and a hand-waving
argument for how we could evolve heavy tailed traits in the first place."

For references and slides see his previous message to this group.

This is the last session of the quarter, and I will be emailing you
towards the beginning of next quarter about what will happen then.
We will not have the conflict with my teaching then, so we can presumably

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu