[Popgenlunch] No meeting this week

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Feb 2 11:04:02 PST 2010

Folks --

There is no PopGenLunch meeting this week. But we have one new volunteer
speaker, and another has actually provided a title! So tension is building,
and the excitement is becoming hard to bear. The schedule for this
quarter (including a talk already given):

Date Who What

13 January Elizabeth Marchani Fst, and how marker choice can
influence inferences made about
population history.

10 February Joe Felsenstein A quantitative genetics model for
distinguishing between effects of
similar environments and gene flow

17 February Sulgi Kim TBA

24 February Elizabeth Thompson TBA

3 March Julia Palacios Roman On nonparametric inference of
(work with Vladimir Minin) effective population size
changes under the coalescent

10 March Sterling Sawaya Statistics of conserved
mammalian microsatellites

As usual, it's 12:30-1:30 in S110 Foege Building (except on February 24
and I will get another room for that day).

See you next week.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu