[Popgenlunch] (Re-)Opening ceremonies ...

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Feb 9 09:16:17 PST 2010

Excitement is building as the resumption of PopGenLunch approaches!
Tomorrow I speak, and we have a full schedule after that. So the whole
quarter, including past talks, looks like this:

13 January Elizabeth Marchani Fst, and how marker choice can
influence inferences made about
population history.

10 February Joe Felsenstein A quantitative genetics model for
distinguishing between effects of
similar environments and gene flow

17 February Sulgi Kim TBA

24 February Elizabeth Thompson IBD graphs and their equivalence
classes for genetic data analysis.

3 March Julia Palacios Roman On nonparametric inference of
(work with Vladimir Minin) effective population size
changes under the coalescent

10 March Sterling Sawaya Statistics of conserved
mammalian microsatellites

Two details: (1) On 24 February we will have to meet in some other room.
I am working on it.
(2) On 17 February I have to leave town in early afternoon.
I may be able to attend the seminar, or maybe not. If
not, I will arrange for someone else to take charge.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu