[Popgenlunch] Sulgi Kim speaks Wednesday in PopGenLunch

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Feb 16 15:20:38 PST 2010

This week we have a regular session, with Sulgi Kim. The
quarter's schedule is now:

13 January Elizabeth Marchani Fst, and how marker choice can
influence inferences made about
population history.

10 February Joe Felsenstein A quantitative genetics model for
distinguishing between effects of
similar environments and gene flow

17 February Sulgi Kim Genomewide association study with
schizophrenia trio data

24 February Elizabeth Thompson IBD graphs and their equivalence
classes for genetic data analysis.

3 March Julia Palacios Roman On nonparametric inference of
(work with Vladimir Minin) effective population size
changes under the coalescent

10 March Sterling Sawaya Statistics of conserved
mammalian microsatellites

Two footnotes: (1) we don't, after all, need to meet in another room on
the 24th -- we'll be in the same room.
(2) I have to leave town promptly at 12:30 this Wednesday,
so I will unfortunately miss Sulgi Kim's talk.
Elizabeth Walkup from our lab will help ensure that the
projection works.

Meetings, as usual, are in S110 Foege Building on Wednesdays at 12:30pm.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu