[Popgenlunch] Elizabeth Thompson speaks Wednesday in PopGenLunch

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Tue Feb 23 16:53:21 PST 2010

We continue our ongoing schedule with Elizabeth Thompson. This
quarter's schedule is now:

13 January Elizabeth Marchani Fst, and how marker choice can
influence inferences made about
population history.

10 February Joe Felsenstein A quantitative genetics model for
distinguishing between effects of
similar environments and gene flow

17 February Sulgi Kim Genomewide association study with
schizophrenia trio data

24 February Elizabeth Thompson IBD graphs and their equivalence
classes for genetic data analysis.

3 March Julia Palacios Roman On nonparametric inference of
(work with Vladimir Minin) effective population size
changes under the coalescent

10 March Sterling Sawaya Statistics of conserved
mammalian microsatellites

Note that we don't, after all, need to meet in another room on
Wednesday -- we'll be in the same room as usual. Thanks to Stan Fields's
lab for yielding up their reservation.

Meetings, as usual, are in S110 Foege Building on Wednesdays at 12:30pm.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu