[Popgenlunch] Sterling Sawaya Friday

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:41:53 PDT 2010

Folks --

A reminder that PopGenLunch resumes, in S110, this Friday (tomorrow) at
12:00 noon. Sterling Sawaya speaks and says he has exciting results.
So we get to see whether we agree. Here is the schedule for the
quarter so far:

Date Room Person Topic
---- ---- ------ -----

April 16 S110 Sterling Sawaya Statistics of conserved
. mammalian microsatellites

April 23 S040 ??

April 30 S110 ?? (Joe is out of town)

May 7 S110 ??

May 14 S040 Vladimir Minin Imputation estimators for genotype
. frequencies and population
. structure.

May 21 S110 Bruce Weir Reporting variation in match
. probability estimates

May 28 S110 Joe Felsenstein The quantitative genetics threshold
. model embarks on a new career in
. phylogenetic inference

June 4 S110 ??

More volunteers always welcome. So is eating of lunches.

I am in negotiation with a mystery guest for the 28th of May, and if
they agree to speak I will move my talk.

Joe Felsenstein joe at gs.washington.edu